Hope has a new address…
We would like to extend our warm wishes and congratulate our friends at The Ronald McDonald House. What a successful “HamburGala” last week! We are honored to have been apart of the floral arrangements. Over $900,000 in proceeds was raised towards “Building the Dream” the New Ronald McDonald House. The vision that will be able to help every family in crisis who needs it, and creating a legacy of care and compassion for thousands of RMH families. Learn some “fast facts” from their website ;
- There is only one Ronald McDonald House in the state of Maryland.
- They are an independent nonprofit organization.
- The community of Maryland, including generous individual and corporate donors, provides 100% of their 1.6 million dollar operating budget.
- They have been home to more than 35,000 families since our opening on June 28, 1982.
- Last year, families throughout the state of Maryland, 45 states and 22 countries sent their families to Maryland’s Ronald McDonald House.
- They are an extension of care for six world-renowned Baltimore hospitals: University of Maryland Medical Center; R. Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center; Johns Hopkins Hospital; The Rubin Institute at Sinai Hospital; Kennedy Krieger Institute and Mt. Washington Pediatric Hospital.
- Each year, more than 1,400 families arrive at our doorstep in search of hope.
- Each night, 36 families share their Home. Last year 1,451 families came through their doors and they provided 13,560 night of love, compassion and comfort.
- They provide care for our families 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Their families donate up to $15 per night if they are able.
Learn more about the RMHC and how you can help!