October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month so do your part to help raise awareness (if you haven’t already)! Wear pink socks, sport a pink ribbon t-shirt or even send a survivor a fresh flower arrangement. Unfortunately I would bet we all know someone who has been effected by this disease. Awareness is the first step in preventing any more deaths. Second most important, education. Know what you’re talking about! Know when you’re due for a mammogram! And definitely know the truths about breast cancer facts. Here are some need-to-know myths about breast cancer.
- Drinking milk or excessive dairy causes breast cancer – FALSE.
- Finding a lump means it is absolutely cancerous – FALSE.
- Men do not get breast cancer – FALSE.
- Mammograms cause cancer to spread – FALSE.
- If you have a family history or breast cancer, you ultimately will get breast cancer – FALSE.
- Antiperspirants and deodorants cause cancer – FALSE.
We love to spread awareness and help wherever we can, which is exactly why we’ve teamed up with The Tyanna Foundation. The Tyanna Foundation is different. Fun. Feisty. Fearless — for a cause. Known for our signature slogan “Save the Girls” we work tirelessly to make breast cancer more comfortable for patients— and less
prevalent on the planet. Learn more from their website – http://tyanna.org/. How have we partnered with them? Through our Blooms 4 A Better Bmore program. We have created a signature arrangement for their organization and every time one of those arrangements sell, we donate 20% of their order to the fund. We Love supporting local groups for a great cause. Order your Tyanna arrangement below.