Take one look at a sunflower you’ll quickly understand why it’s the universal flower for happiness. They sure makes Lucy happy… just look at that face!
Maybe it’s the fact that they’re bright yellow like the sun. Or maybe the fact that they naturally grow to be 10 feet tall. It could even be that sunflowers are made up of thousands of tiny flowers in the center? All we know is sunflowers bring a smile to EVERYONE’S face. And with over 70 varieties there’s plenty to go around!
Go see for yourself. Maryland is full of sunflower fields. Here are the locations rated top 5 for our area (click on name to visit their website and learn more).
- The Maryland Agricultural Resource Council – Cockeysville
- Rocky Point Creamery – Tuscarora
- The McKee Beshers Wildlife Management Area – Poolesville
- The Sunflower Garden – Westminster
- Clear Meadow Farms – White Hall